One tool that’s helped me with the weight shedding journey and other parts of my life is the vision board.
A vision board is a visual representation of your dreams and goals. Making one can help you get clear on what you want. Add to it as your dreams shift. I put my dreams on one side and other people’s dreams on the other.
Here’s how to make your own vision board:
SUPPLIES: poster board, markers, scissors, magazines, glue stick
- Get a hard piece of poster board. I like white because I can draw on it.
- Grab a bunch of magazines.
- Sit quietly where you won’t be interrupted. Think about what you really want. Meditate on it. Pray. Do what you do. Get clear.
- Find a picture to represent your dream in a magazine. If you can’t find a picture you like, draw one on your board.
- Put the date you want the dream to occur by. Be very specific. Put the feelings you will have when it happens.
- Repeat. Add to your board as you wish. I make and remake. Like a manuscript.
- On the top of the board, write this: 1) This, or something better. 2) This will come with ease. 3) When it comes, I will be happy and thankful.
- Put the board somewhere you will see it each day. I drag it around the house with me, just like my lab drags her “bunny” with her.
- Be thankful each day that these dreams have already been fulfilled. Spend quiet time in that thanks, knowing God and the Universe support you.
And, when you’re done, celebrate by scratching your dog’s belly. Pure joy in those baby browns.